Monday 28 April 2014

Konkan, Taj Vivanta (Mumbai, India)

On one of my business trips, I had the privilege of staying at Taj Vivanta President, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.

During this stay I got to try all the restaurants there, as after work I did not had enough energies to walk to nearest restaurants. However, on my other stays in the same hotel I tried "Status" near Maken Towers and Moshes on Cuffe Parade. I will write about them later.

Yes, of course I have been to Leopold Cafe multiple times and it is not that great.

Coming back to Konkan; when one of my colleagues suggested that this was an award winning restaurant, we decided to have our dinner there. I was skeptical because I am vegetarian and coastal food does not give many options to us vegetarians.

Well the decor was like an eat out on a beach village in India.
I didn't like the mango drink that we ordered or anything else. Even the non vegetarians did not like their dishes. Even though they belonged to coastal regions and had coastal food frequently.

Good things to write about were highly obliging and courteous staff who tried a lot to make us comfortable. However, food may be good but was not to my tastes. May be they went a little bit too authentic, everything had too much of raw eilaichi. Which was a turn off.

Contrary to this Thai Pavilion which is another renowned restaurant at this Taj Property has good food. I loved eating there. I will write more about it later.

No comments: