Thursday 1 May 2014

Noorani, Worli (Mumbai)

People had been pestering me for ages to have Biryani at Noorani.
Finally, I gave in to the demands of the masses and went to Noorani for dinner and had the "Biryani".

Noorani is near to Haji Ali in Worli Mumbai. Here is the Link to the location. It is a small restaurant and can be safely called a Dhaba convert. Well, all this doesn't matter if the food is delicious and mouthwatering.

The waiters at the restaurant were not knowledgeable about the items on the Menu or the contents of different Biryanis mentioned in the menu. After long discussions we placed our order and I ordered veg biryani.

It did not take very long for the order to arrive. I was shocked to see the Biryani when it arrived at the table. Why? Because, it was green in color and first thought that came to my mind was "Oh my god it is Radioactive and emitting radiation!!!"

The biryani was bright green. We asked the waiter why it is not like original biryani and promptly came the reply that, because it is Veg it is green. We all had a good laugh at it and continued with the dinner.

It was one of the worst Biryani's I have eaten till date:

1. It was green in color.
2. It was soaked in oil.
3. There was basically no flavor and I renamed the dish to "rice chowmein".
4. I had to look for vegetables or basically anything except for rice.

Even the Deserts that we asked for were not up to the mark. Well, it certainly is a cheap location to eat and lives up to the mark. In my personal opinion it is just thriving because of its location and may be non-vegetarian food options. This is certainly not a place to visit if you into vegetarian food.

No comments: